1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What breed is this?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Monstermouth, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Monstermouth

Monstermouth Out Of The Brooder

Feb 7, 2016
    Illinois
    This tiny (2 day old) black chick was sold to me with some serama and silkie as a Sumatra. From what I've seen online, this does not look like a Sumatra. Any ideas? It's smaller than a 2 day old silkie.[​IMG]

2. JetCat

JetCat Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2015
    Southeast Alabama
    Sumatra chicks aren't solid in color. looks like a sex link hen but only time will tell. good luck with your chicks.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
  3. dolly85

dolly85 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2010
    What makes you think its part silkie? I don't see a fifth toe or any leg feathering.

4. JetCat

JetCat Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2015
    Southeast Alabama
    i think something got lost in the translation, i read it as she got it along with some silkies and it's smaller then the silkies but i didn't see that she thought it was, just that she was told it was a Sumatra.

5. Anira

Anira Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2013
    Fossil, OR
    Maybe it's just another serama?

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
  6. Monstermouth

Monstermouth Out Of The Brooder

Feb 7, 2016
    Illinois
    Derp, ya I never considered it could be another Sumatra! But that certainly could be! Too tiny to be a sex link, I think. Thanks for input!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by