1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What breed is this?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by OHappyHens, Apr 26, 2016.

1. OHappyHens

OHappyHens New Egg

Jun 16, 2013
    Greenville, SC
    We purchased Cornishx chicks and this came with the bunch. Any thoughts on what is it?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
  2. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Stuck back in the 40s Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    Could you please get clearer pictures? Does it have feathered feet? What type of comb does it have?

3. OHappyHens

OHappyHens New Egg

Jun 16, 2013
    Greenville, SC
    ChickenGirl1,
    I changed the pictures. I hope they're a little clearer and show more of the detail. Her feet are not feathered. They're yellow not dark. I tried to get her to let me take a picture under her wing but she wasn't interested in the photo shoot :) She has yellow coloring under her wings. When we got her she looked like a cornish but as she grew she started looking like our Red Sex Links (with the darker tips) but now her coloring is completely different.
    This picture is around a week-maybe 2 when we realized she wasn't like the other cornishes :)
    It's not the best picture but you can see how her wings started getting dark tips.
    [​IMG]

4. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Stuck back in the 40s Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    It looks like a cockerel, I'm not sure on its breed. It could be a mix.

5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    x2

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by