What breed is this?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by DreamsInPink, May 12, 2016.

1. DreamsInPink

DreamsInPink Chillin' With My Peeps

I was looking at the BLRW thread and found this picture, NOT MY PICTURE. The one in the front, light colored.

[​IMG]

But found it to be beautiful, what kind is it?

2. Alexandra33

Alexandra33 Chillin' With My Peeps

Splash Laced Red Wyandotte. Isn't she gorgeous?

~Alex

3. DreamsInPink

She IS gorgeous! Wow! How do you get that color?

4. Alexandra33

Blue doesn't breed true in poultry, so when you order 10 BLRW for example, you will get a mixture of Black Laced, Splash Laced, and Blue Laced. It's really neat how that works. [​IMG]

~Alex

5. DreamsInPink

Ohhh nice! I knew the blue didn't breed true, but I guess I never really thought about what that would mean for the BLRW. Thank you... I think. hahaha Now I want some!!!

6. Alexandra33

I love how there's so much variation within the breed for that reason! You're so welcome! [​IMG] I have one, but she turned out to be blue.....weird thing is that I was actually a little disappointed, ha ha! I was hoping for Splash.

~Alex

7. DreamsInPink

Oh gosh yes.... and I totally get the disappointment! I could never have just one, because I'd definitely want a variety. xD

I see you are in OHIO too!! :thumbsup

8. Alexandra33

Oh yes, variety all the way! [​IMG]

I sure am, and couldn't be a prouder Buckeye! I'm assuming you are also an Ohioan (I can't see these things because I'm using the mobile version at the moment). *high five*

~Alex

9. DreamsInPink

My bf laughed at me when I told him I ordered 9 chicks from my pet chicken for June.... 9 chicks and 7 different breeds. LOL Cause I like variety!!! :plbb

And yes, Ohio here as well! Salt Fork Lake area... are you familiar?

10. Duckee

Duckee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2014
    Southern Illinois
    I'm a newby to chickens. I got 6 bantams. 3 of them are silkies (possibly whites). Im not sure what breed the other 3 are. can you help me out please? Thanks
    [​IMG][/IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by