1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

what breed is this

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by crazyeggkat, Apr 22, 2009.

1. crazyeggkat

crazyeggkat Out Of The Brooder

Jan 13, 2009
    Nashua,Ia
    Hi I bought these at a swap this weekend first photo is of 3 birds the hen on the bottom left is what I am wondering on I know the other 2 are silkies. [​IMG] Then the 2nd is of her rooster [​IMG]

2. DiVon80

DiVon80 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2009
    Pearl River,Louisiana
    The 2 in the back are silkies(Buff and red?), The other 1 possibly partridge cochin roo- could not see his feet. Not sure about the lil hen????This is fun playing guess that bird.!!![​IMG][​IMG]

3. rachiegirl

rachiegirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    Beaver Co. PA
    Not 100% certain but they really look like gold laced wyandottes. verrry pretty birds! [​IMG]

4. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    Quote:It looks like they have feather feet though, and both have single combs. I think they're Gold Laced Cochins, if that exists.

5. Fruit Juice

Fruit Juice Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2009
    Boulder, CO
    Quote:It looks like they have feather feet though, and both have single combs. I think they're Gold Laced Cochins, if that exists.

They do exist.

6. rachiegirl

rachiegirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    Beaver Co. PA
    sorry couldn't see fuzzy feet! [​IMG] looked it up and yes, there are gold laced cochins!

7. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    Oh good. Then that's MY guess.

8. crazyeggkat

crazyeggkat Out Of The Brooder

Jan 13, 2009
    Nashua,Ia

I just thought I would let you all know they do have feathered feet, thanks, Kathy!

9. ChickenWisperer

ChickenWisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    I agree, I think they look like poorly-laced goldenlaced cochins.....still beautiful though!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by