What breed is this??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by groaners, Aug 24, 2010.

1. groaners

groaners Out Of The Brooder

May 19, 2010
    Ferndale, CA
    This white pullet is about 11-12 weeks old. I got it from a hatchery along with my Easter Eggers and another extra (a brahma). I don't think this one is an EE. It has very different conformation (more upright, leggier, very different face) and a different temperament (less reactive, more curious but standoffish, much more bolder, not as overly friendly) compared to the other birds which are EE's...

Any idea's?? [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. OregonChickenGal

OregonChickenGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2010
    Central Oregon
    It looks like a Chantecler, they're good layers. [​IMG]

3. Lbrad7

Lbrad7 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2010
    Ringgold, GA
    Quote:I agree that it's body and face looks like a Chantecler but the leg color is way off. Chantecelers have yellow shanks (at least the ones I have seen) and this birds are dark willow green. I believe it is a EE. EE are mixed breeds and it could very well be missing the beard.

4. Red&Yellow

Red&Yellow Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2009
    Frederick County, MD
    EEs can come in any colour, conformation or temperment - but they usually have green legs.

Shes an EE.

5. groaners

May 19, 2010
    Ferndale, CA
    Hmm, OK... Could very well be then.
    All my other EE's are all very similar in character and conformation. Most have slate or yellow legs too, and all others have beards. [​IMG] Must be from another "batch"--LOL.

6. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    She just looks like a cross..

Chris

7. groaners

May 19, 2010
    Ferndale, CA
    Digging this up again because I'm still curious!!
    Could just be a regular old barnyard cross (I ordered 10 "Ameraucana's" from a hatchery, expecting EE's, and got 10 obvious EE's, one brahma, one BR and this one)
    She is 21 weeks old now.

Left out something very important she has YELLOW earlobes not red. Might turn white as she gets older.
    I guess we'll see what color egg she lays!
    Ugly pullet in my opinion, but the most entertaining as far as temperament goes [​IMG]

8. Minniechickmama

Minniechickmama Senora Pollo Loco

Sep 4, 2009
    Minnesota
    It is clear to me an EE pullet. Those green legs are a dead give away. She doesn't need to have a beard, tufts or anything else to go with them to be one. Bet she lays green and she should pretty soon. Let us know. Take pictures too, we [​IMG] pictures!

9. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    Could be a white Jersey Giant. They would have willow legs... What kind of comb does she have?

10. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Umm, She's an Easter Egger. No other breeds mentioned have green legs, also "willow" legs are not actually the green you see there.

The last three EE's I got from a hatchery years ago were white and clean faced with an odd earlobe color just like her.

Also, a different temperament and body type doesn't mean much at all. EE's are mutts, remember.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by