What breed is this??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by vymichelle, Oct 2, 2011.

1. vymichelle

vymichelle New Egg

Oct 2, 2011
    Hi,
    We have started our chicken collection with a hen (some kind of bantam cross, heinz 59 type chook..) and her two 4 day old chicks, we were told they were bantams.. They are now about 13 weeks old and one is a tiny little mottled bantam with nice fluffy legs, the other is massive and pure white, pinky legs, light coloured eyes. Obviously just an egg the hen found lying around! Any ideas what she is? All I can find thats so white is a Leghorn, but they seem to have very upright tails, whereas hers is lower with slighty wavy ends to the tail feathers..?! (although I can decide whether this is the last of her 'baby fluff' almost like a cockrel's tail but I'd know if it was a roo by now wouldn't I? No real comb and no spurs.. Maybe some kind of cross breed?
    Would just be interested to have a vague idea as, coming from a mixed flock she could be anything!
    As you can see she is stupidly friendly, runs to greet me like a puppy and sits on my lap whenever possible and spends the whole time begging for food and trying to raid my lunch, or get into the fridge! VERY intelligent! Her bantam 'sister' is more timid, likes to sit on my knee too but is not so forceful and dog-like!
    Also, to go back to the lunch stealing - am I at risk of worms or anything else horrible by having so much contact with them? I always did as a kid and I'm still here but as an adult I do worry I shouldn't be doing it!?
    Thanks in advance for any replies!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. SilkieBantams

SilkieBantams Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2011
    Houston, TX
    The pure white one is a rumpless araucana

3. danielle82

danielle82 A Good Egg

Apr 27, 2009
    Tonasket Wa
    I don't think she is an aracauna

4. roocrazy

roocrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    minnesota!!!!
    Quote:you can tell that it has a tail

5. vymichelle

vymichelle New Egg

Oct 2, 2011
    She definatly has a tail, and as I said previously, the tips of the tail feathers have a soft curl to them..
    Posted on a whim when I found this site last night and they were the most recent pics I had, these are from today, and show her much better.. Will perhaps help with your suggestions?!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by