What breed is this?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by CrzyChknLady, Sep 11, 2012.

1. CrzyChknLady

CrzyChknLady New Egg

Aug 21, 2012
    I received this beautiful girl in an assortment, and don't know what she is. Can anyone out there help with this? She is about 9 weeks old, and looked like a barred rock when she was a day old (black with a white spot on her head). Her hackle feathers look laced if that helps. Fingers crossed someone knows what she is!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    We need a picture so that we can help with guessing her breed.

3. CrzyChknLady

CrzyChknLady New Egg

Aug 21, 2012
    Sorry! Was trying to upload them, somehow got the wrong one!

4. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    The bird pictured is an EE cockerel. [​IMG]

5. CrzyChknLady

CrzyChknLady New Egg

Aug 21, 2012
    The one in question is the black and white one. Considering the fact that the order was for "Rainbow Layers Assortment", I hope it isn't a cockeral! I am aware that mistakes happen, but this was a fairly small order.

6. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    ee roo

7. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    I agree, ee cockerel. Did you get a rare/exotic chick? That's what they frequently are. And breed aside, that much comb at that age is boy, no matter the breed.

8. CrzyChknLady

CrzyChknLady New Egg

Aug 21, 2012
    Crimeny, that's what it is! Dog gone it. Thanks so much for your help everyone! I hope the name "Pauline" doesn't give him a complex...

9. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Yep, I agree with the others. Generally, white-ish EEs or Ameraucanas will have males with dark around the neck and at the base of tail, where the female coloring of that variety is more dark throughout the body.

10. CrzyChknLady

CrzyChknLady New Egg

Aug 21, 2012
    Guess I already had it stuck in my head that it was a pullet, since that is what I ordered. While taking the picture, I thought it was funny how similar the pattern was to the EE's she (he) was standing next to. Guess I should have put it together

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by