what breed is this??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by starrdice, Oct 6, 2012.

1. starrdice

starrdice Out Of The Brooder

big hen! would like to know what breed she is thankyou!

[​IMG]

would like to know what this chick is, the guy we bought it from had no idea as it showed up in his flock, he said it may be a turkey??

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Is this a rooster??

[​IMG]

2. thebanthams

thebanthams Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2010
    Safford, Arizona
    Last pics looks like a rooster. I cant tell if its a turkey. I havent seen a baby one before ! To me looks like easter egger. what color is the legs? the top one looks like dominique

3. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    if the turkey baby has a comb it a chicken baby....baby turkeys have a fuzzy bump that looks like a pimple

4. BlueCamas

BlueCamas Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2011
    Milwaukie, Oregon
    The hen is an Easter Egger, so is the chick. The bird in the last picture is definitely a cockerel.

5. starrdice

The legs are grey on the hen and the chick

6. Sparky2133

Sparky2133 Chillin' With My Peeps

I would say the hen is a Nankin/Buff Brahma cross. Since the legs are greyish/blue (thats a characteristic of Nankins) and the hen has the black...lacing (?) like the BB, I would say cross.

7. starrdice

Thank you! I def think she's that cross! We named her nanny lol this is her second batch of chicks since july

8. starrdice

Thank you! I def think she's that cross! We named her nanny lol this is her second batch of chicks since july

9. starrdice

10. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    the last looks like a cockerel but a full body shot would help with that. the hen in the first pic looks like an ee with that beard it has and i would bet that they chick on her back is also an ee with its beard. as for the middle one can you get a shot of the head were the comb is supposed to be?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by