What breed is this???

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by chickenlady81, Aug 11, 2008.

1. chickenlady81

chickenlady81 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2008
    Weare, NH
    I got this male/female? for free when i went to pick up my RIR's from the breeder. It snuck out of the barn and she said If I can catch it, i could have it for free so my boys and I got him and named him speedy. Does anyone know what kind of breed he/she might be?
    [​IMG]

I also have this one that I got when I picked up my Spangled Hamburgs and it doesnt look like any Hamburg I have seen. It looks like it has tuffs on the side of its face.
    Ameraucana maybe??? or Araucanas?? I know the breeder I got my SH from raised those two and pretty much kept the rumpless tuffed kind. This birds feathers are so soft though I must add that! [​IMG]

2. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    The first one looks like my White Rock, and the second looks like a white ameraucana. Both are soooo white, they are beautiful and both look like girls [​IMG]

3. IloveTravis

IloveTravis Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2008
    The first one's a rock, the second one's an ameraucana or an EE. Bothe very beautiful [​IMG]

4. chickenlady81

Jun 10, 2008
    Weare, NH
    Do you have a picture of your White Rock? Thanks for the complement. They are really neat to have. Just wish the weather was better here for them to enojoy instead of Rain!

5. chickenlady81

Jun 10, 2008
    Weare, NH
    Whats an EE? I see that posted alot but not sure what it stands for...Thanks! Kathie

6. mahsmaj

mahsmaj Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2008
    Hannibal, Missouri
    easter egger. they lay green/ blue eggs. I have 2 EE pullets and they havent started laying yet but they should anytime!!!

7. perfectly_polish

perfectly_polish Overrun With Chickens

Mar 1, 2007
    CT
    Quote:EE stands for Easter Egger, which is pretty much just an Ameraucana mix. Most hatcheries will sell them as "Araucanas" but they are really just EE's.

Both of them are beautiful! Love the color! And they both look like pullets.

8. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    this is when mine was a little younger, but it moves so much, its the only one i have thats not too blurry [​IMG] we are sick of rain too.....we got a huge rain storm coming now. I am watching it on the radar.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 11, 2008
  9. chickenlady81

Jun 10, 2008
    Weare, NH
    Oh VERY Cute Lurky!! So I guess I have a few different breeds, White Rock, EE, Spangled Hamburgs and RIR! 14 in total.....

10. shay20

shay20 Shay's Flock of Fun

Jul 31, 2008
    in the wild, Mass
    do u know her age, from the picture she looks like a white leghorn bantam,[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by