What breed is this?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by janmel, Jul 28, 2013.

1. janmel

janmel Hatching

Apr 19, 2013
    I bought this chicken and was told it was an ameraucana. I know these are usually Easter eggers and that's no problem for me, but I'm wondering what this chicken is since my other Easter eggers already have a full beard. This chicken and her "twin" do not even have the starting of one. By the looks of the wattles and comb it looks like she is getting ready to lay as they are getting redder by the day. I'll love her no matter what the breed but I'm stumped as I am new to chickens! Thanks everyone

[​IMG]

2. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Crowing

Jul 24, 2013
    That is not an Easter Egger, or an Ameracauna. It looks like a Blue-Laced Red Wyandotte pullet.

3. and-roo

and-roo Songster

X2

4. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Crowing

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    X3

5. janmel

janmel Hatching

Apr 19, 2013
    Thanks everyone! After a bit of googling it was what I came up with. I bought more chickens that day so perhaps I ended up getting confused with what I was told they were lol. Any thoughts on how far away she is from laying?

6. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Crowing

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    Here comb and wattles are getting pretty red so I would say anywhere from any day to a few weeks.

7. and-roo

and-roo Songster

it looks like they might be too light colored to be blue-laced, maybe splash-laced though. still a pretty bird, i want one. and is the top right pullet one of your EEs, she looks just like mine-who should also start laying soon. also telling from your gold-laced wyondotte's comb and and wattles it looks like she'll start laying really soon.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by