Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Male

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters

Saysay31639

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jul 25, 2013
This is all the same chicken but at different times!!!

7 weeks old

At 4 weeks old

9 weeks old

I don't know what breed it is or the gender??????

It looks like a dominique rooster, but they should have yellow legs not white legs like your guy. Where did you get him from?

That would be my question, too. ? I see white legs (Cuckoo Marans-esque) and a rose comb (Dominique), so he could be hatchery-quality Dominique or a cross. And yep, he looks like a he.

Last edited:
I got him from the local feed store in our town. I was told it was an Ameraucana and if it was going to lay, it would be blue/green eggs. I thought it was a different from the others it was with, but still love the colors on him or her. If its a boy, than I AM A PROUD MOMMA!!! If its a girl, I AM STILL A PROUD MOMMA!!!!!! And the legs are a gray color.

Ahh yes. Feed stores are notorious for not knowing what the heck they're selling. He's definitely not an Ameraucana, or even EE. I'm going with just a poor quality Dominique. Not that he won't make a wonderful feather-baby! :D

Another feed store mix up it looks like. We should keep a list of what feed stores have sold as different breeds. I still vote hatchery Dominique on him. He will be very handsome when he grows up, they are nice big roosters and the black and white barring on their feathers makes them quite striking.

Another feed store mix up it looks like. We should keep a list of what feed stores have sold as different breeds.

Oh lawdy..lol. I think I'm at 11 now mislabeled at feed stores. Actually, I've never had a single one right from them. You'd think someone would know what they're talking about..or maybe they just don't give a hoot. Who knows.

Back
Top Bottom