1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What breed is this?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by aluther, Jan 27, 2014.

1. aluther

aluther Out Of The Brooder

Jul 1, 2013
    My dad got these at tractor supply last year and they are beautiful i just wish i knew what kind they were. Im only interested in knowing about the white hen and roosters i know what the red ones are.
    [​IMG]
    I think this is a pair both have the white ear lobes

this rooster is a different breed all together i think
    [​IMG]

2. my sunwolf

my sunwolf Chillin' With My Peeps

The first rooster looks like an Exchequer Leghorn cross? Or maybe a Splash Andalusian with red leakage.

I can't see the white hen's comb, but it doesn't look like a single comb, so I'm not sure what breed she is. She is definitely Splash in color as well. Slate legs, white earlobe... I'm sure there's an obvious answer here.

The second rooster looks like a Delaware, though his legs are a little pink.

3. Lady of McCamley

Lady of McCamley Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2011
    NW Oregon
    I tend to agree with the other poster...Andalusian mixes for the top two and Delaware for the bottom roo.

I wonder if there is some EE mixed with the Andalusian maybe? Does the Andalusian looking female have a pea comb? That might explain the red barring in the male and the pea comb in the female....or they could be simply not even be from the same original bins as it is hatchery stock...you can get surprises definitely from that.

Lady of McCamley

Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
  4. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    x2

5. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    I agree.

6. aluther

Jul 1, 2013
    [​IMG]
    here is another picture of the hen

7. aluther

Jul 1, 2013
    [​IMG]
    I also not sure what kind of old english bantam she is any ideas she was given to me by a friend.

[​IMG]
    I think she is a dark cornish bantam hen?

[​IMG]
    Not sue what kind if bantam he is any ideas?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by