What breed is this?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by FLcowboy, Aug 16, 2014.

1. FLcowboy

FLcowboy New Egg

Aug 15, 2014
    Hey y'all I'm new to raising frizzles but eventually I want to start breeding them and I bought these two roosters about seven weeks ago and the feed store I bought them from had no idea what they were so if anyone could give their opinion on what breed they are that would be greatly appreciated! And I have a feeling they are bantams because they haven't gained much weight or size since I bought them and they were about 2 and a half weeks old when I bought them. [​IMG][​IMG]

2. FLcowboy

FLcowboy New Egg

Aug 15, 2014
    [​IMG]

3. ChickenLover200

ChickenLover200 Overrun With Chickens

May 10, 2013
    I'll be in the barn!
    I'd say maybe frizzles or sizzles (which are silkies crossed with a frizzle)

4. FLcowboy

FLcowboy New Egg

Aug 15, 2014
    Oh I know their frizzles (that's the only thing the seller knew about them) but I don't know what breed of frizzle. I thought about sizzles but I'm still not sure cause the black roo is starting to get brown tipped feathers on his back And they both have feathered legs

5. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    If they are feather legged, they are probably Sizzles or Frizzled Cochins, or some sort of mix.

6. FLcowboy

FLcowboy New Egg

Aug 15, 2014
    I've heard of Cochins with feathered legs but I couldn't find any varieties that had black feathers with brown tips. Could it be a mixed variety Cochin?

7. ashtree

ashtree Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2014
    oklahoma hills
    I don't think they're sizzles but frizzled cochins. Sizzles would have some distinguishing silkie features and I see none on these. Also I'm not sure on color, could be black with leakage or maybe incomplete lacing? Either way they are cute and will make cute babies!

8. FLcowboy

FLcowboy New Egg

Aug 15, 2014
    Thanks! And thank y'all for helping get a general idea of the breed

9. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Frizzled Cochins.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by