What Breed? just curious.....

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by DutchieWannabe, Aug 25, 2010.

1. DutchieWannabe

DutchieWannabe Out Of The Brooder

Aug 18, 2010
    Idaho
    She is about 22 weeks, she is already laying eggs, very friendly. the black of her feathers shimmer green in the sun like an Australorp, but she has yellow legs and beautiful caramel coloring.... what do u all think? i think there is a good chance she is a mix because she came from a farm with many breeds. thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. dsqard

dsqard Crazy "L" Farms

Jun 11, 2010
    York PA
    I have no idea what she is except gorgeous! [​IMG] Love the double lacing on her. What color eggs does she lay?

3. tuesdays chicks

tuesdays chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2010
    stuart florida
    Beautiful, sorry can't help

4. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    She's a dark cornish. I had one that went broody on me a few times.

5. ccoomber

ccoomber Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2009
    Redhill, UK
  6. poultrykeeper08

poultrykeeper08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    Hatchery dark cornish hen ..

7. DutchieWannabe

Aug 18, 2010
    Idaho
    She lays light brown eggs, and so far she is the most consistent, laying nearly every day since she started with no "mistakes" like shell-less eggs or soft eggs. Wikipedia said Dark cornishes are good for meat? but she is much smaller than my Brahma or Australorp (though, who knows she could continue to grow). Bummer the Barnevelder (sp?) seemed like a cool breed with dark eggs etc..... thanks for all the input!

Last edited: Aug 25, 2010
  8. TwoChicks

TwoChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2010
    Greer, SC
    Was gonna say she looks like a golden laced wyandotte (mix maybe)

It's the feather chevron's that look similar, however, mine do not have a double chevron on the feather, it's solid russet in center with black outline.

She's very pretty though.

9. DutchieWannabe

Aug 18, 2010
    Idaho
    I wanted to add, that from all i've read on dark cornish they arent good layers.... well mine is out laying all my other ladies, inlcuding my leghorn! i guess she likes me? that or she got good laying genes somehow. maybe she will slow down on egg production in the winter (more than normal?) now.... for a name.....

10. elizabethlongwood

elizabethlongwood Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2010
    longwood, florida
    She looks like my 20 week old pullet (who is not laying yet). I'm not sure what mine is either. I posted a thread a couple of weeks ago asking what people think, and most people said EE, Dark Cornish or Partridge Chantecler. We still don't know, but I'm glad your girl is sweet and a great layer. That's all that really matters isn't it?
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by