What Breed might these Chickies Be?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by melodylee, Oct 4, 2010.

1. melodylee

melodylee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2009
    Arkansas
    I went to buy some pheasants, (bought 8) and came home with 20 baby chicks! So any guesses on what they could be?

Group shots:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chick 1:

[​IMG]

Chick 2:

[​IMG]

Chick 3:
    [​IMG]

I'm curious about pretty much all of them so anything you can tell from the group shots to please tell me [​IMG]

2. mboreham1

mboreham1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2009
    Carmichael, CA
    looks like you have some EE's, maybe a NHR or RIR, as with pretty much every pic of chicks - cute!

3. melodylee

Apr 14, 2009
    Arkansas
    [​IMG] EE's is what I was hoping for, I have one EE hen now I love ggetting that colored egg!

4. Kenshan1

Kenshan1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2010
    Bonney Lake, WA
    The chipmunk marked ones look to be EE. I have 2 that about 9-10wks look like eagles, now at 11wks they are getting little beards. I also heard that the chipmunk EE's are for sure pullets.

Shannon

5. pookiegoldman

pookiegoldman Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2010
    Grand Isle, Louisiana
    That "chipmunk" marked one sure looked like one of my phoenix.

6. melodylee

Apr 14, 2009
    Arkansas
    any guesses on this on the greyish one in the first group picture?

Last edited: Oct 4, 2010
  7. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    The greyish one... are its wing feathers white? If so, I'm guessing Jersey giant.

The next one looks like a brown leghorn.

After that maybe a New Hampshire red?

I'm not seeing any little fluffy faces that indicate EE's to me.

8. ArizonaDesertChicks

ArizonaDesertChicks Eggstactic for Pretty Eggs

Dec 8, 2008
    Glendale, AZ
    Usually the EEs have round, fluffy faces like Jossanne mentioned and I don't see any either. Welsummers, Speckled Sussex, and Brown Leghorns also have chipmunk type coloring.

9. icemanchicken

icemanchicken Out Of The Brooder

Jul 22, 2010
    I was gonna say i didnt see any EEs, i have some low quality hatchery EEs and even those have little beards at 3 days old. And like the poster above me said the chipmunk pattern comes out in numerous breeds, i even have a turken that hatched out chipmunk! As far as guessing I have no idea its hard to tell at that age. However i would suggest that if u want to figure one out look at them and see if they have any odd qualities (puffy heads, bearded faces, or feathered or colored legs). Either way nice chicks they are all fun IMO!

10. Kenshan1

Kenshan1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2010
    Bonney Lake, WA
    My hatchery EE's chipmunks didn't have any extra fluff, they looked like all the other chicks till 5-6wks when little cheek feathers started sticking out. They didn't get any actual beard feathers till around 7wks or so. They are 11wks now & getting more beard looking feathers. Mine do have green legs & I didn't see green or dark colored legs on chipmunks pictured here.

Shannon

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by