What breed might these littles be?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by MiaHudy, Mar 23, 2013.

1. MiaHudy

MiaHudy Out Of The Brooder

I purchased 3 pullets (I hope from our feed store) She had just ordered a really big batch. There were at least 10 different breeds on the order list. I have been looking and reading about chickens, hens, types and their personality.

They could be Speckled Sussex (which is what I wanted)
    silver laced Wyandottes
    or Welsummers

All the other breeds she had were different enough looking, Maran's, Barred rocks, Golden laced wyandottes, RIR's, Red and Black sexlinks, and three different types of Wyandottes, she may have had others but I can't remember. I should have copied her list.

I was really hoping for the sussex, she told me she could not identify them well enough to pick em, so for me to close my eyes and point LOL =)

Here is a picture of what I hope is the speckled sussex:[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is one that I think might be a silver laced Wyandotte My hubby hopes so: (she got scared, pay no mind to the poop in the corner)

[​IMG][​IMG]

Third baby .. I have no idea...I called her pasty she had a little pasty bottom

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Help me figure out what they might be!! Besides darn cute =) Thanks!!

2. MiaHudy

Im sorry if its bad form to post after you just posted, I wanted to include a photo of their backs too. =)

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking!

3. Toshi

Toshi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2011
    IN corn state
    1 i want to say Partridge plymouth rock, chick 1 SLW and 3 is a GLW

Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
  4. MiaHudy

Thanks Toshi!

I have my fingers crossed that one might turn out to be a speckled sussex, but I very much agree that the other two are most likely Wyandottes! I looked up pictures of both GLW and SLW and bingo. =)

So much for my chick breed picking abilities.. the SLW and #1 are great, but the GLW #2 is eye picking the others =/ I will put a separation screen in the brooder if she keeps it up.

Thanks for the reply, it really helped!

5. Toshi

Toshi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2011
    IN corn state
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
  6. MiaHudy

Thanks for the links, I do see that on #1 for the head markings, she does look like a Partridge Plymouth. I do not remember seeing that on her list of chicks that she ordered. That being said, I sure its still a really good possibility that I have one anyway!

I am happy with what ever they turn out to be. =)

I will post more pictures as they grow, Thanks for your help.

7. MiaHudy

I have been looking at more chick pictures and thought that this one might be a BLW. I am also worried she may be a she [​IMG]

1) Is she a she??
    2) is she or he a BLW?

Thanks!!!!!

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by