what breed of bantam are these?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by rcentner, Jan 27, 2010.

1. rcentner

rcentner Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2009
    Le Roy, NY
    I acquired these 2 birds and I was told they are show quality birds. Hen and roo. I don't know what kind they are. I know these are not the best photo's, but my camera is too slow to catch my chickens without blur! I also wondered about showing. It seems stressful, is it worth it? How will the flock feel about me taking 2 birds (the only roo and the alpha hen) and bringing them back after a day or 2?
    Roo:
    [​IMG]
    Hen:
    [​IMG]

2. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    I think you have a pair of Partrige rock bantams. And I bet that your chickens would get their pecking order back in order when you put them back in the coop.[​IMG]

3. rcentner

Sep 6, 2009
    Le Roy, NY
    I never see any breeds called partridge rock, is it an official show breed?

4. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    Quote:Yeah. They are for sale on A LOT of hatcheries.

5. RAREROO

RAREROO Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Quote:Plymouth Rocks are the breed name, yours are the Partridge variety and they happen to be bantams and they are EXCELLENT Quality !!! Where did you get them from and would you sell any eggs from them?

6. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Gorgeous partridge rocks! The girl has really nice lacing. Congrats!

7. rcentner

Sep 6, 2009
    Le Roy, NY
    I would definately sell some eggs, I don't know the 1st thing about shipping eggs, but I would be willing to give it a go. We were hoping someone would go broody this year and lay her eggs under the broody. Anyone know how likely this breed is to go broody? message me and I can discuss shipping eggs to you.

I got them from a guy at the NYS fair, things were so busy there that we had a hard time talking to the guy who owned them. We ended up with a "bantam" pullet that grew to be larger than our std chickens, that's what our inexperience got us. Love that hen anyway!

Last edited: Jan 28, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by