What breed of bantams do I have?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ladyokie, Feb 20, 2012.

1. ladyokie

ladyokie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2009
    Central Oklahoma
    Hello all,
    Well the kiddos wanted some bantams this last summer and we acquired ten chicks. Now the kids would like to know what they bought! LOL These are the roos. I believe that the "fuzzy" one is a frizzle, correct? Thanks for your help!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. PtldChick

PtldChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    Portland, OR
    My guesses
    #2 leghorn bantam
    #1 and 3 silver duckwing OEGB or silver dutch
    #4 white frizzle cochin

3. nzpouter

nzpouter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2009
    new zealand
    with one of them being a frizzle, a pic of them standing up might help...... they all could be japs.

4. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    they look like they are all game birds.

5. ladyokie

ladyokie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2009
    Central Oklahoma
    Thank you all!! Now I can let the kids know what they have. LOL I keep all LF so had no clue. I looked at different breed profiles and was at a loss. I must say they are some of the gentlest birds I have ever seen. The kids can pick them all up, even the roos, and they will just settle right down to be carried. Now if I can just talk them out of showing birds! Took them to a poultry show last December and that is all I have heard about since. Oh well maybe they will change their minds! Thanks again for the help!
    P.S. If pics of them standing would help I can post a few.

6. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    Pics of them standing would definitely help. I don't think the 2nd one is a Leghorn, he should have white earlobes. They all look like OEGBs to me with the exception of the frizzle. He looks like he might be a Serama.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by