what breed of banty are these?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by tman332003, May 2, 2009.

1. tman332003

tman332003 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 1, 2008
    sw Mi.
    [​IMG]

Tufted featers on heads of hens, one is buff and the other is partridge.(this is my first attempt at photo posting here, not sure how it will turn out) Feather footed as well. Hens are obviously the same breed, but not sure that the roo is same ?!? Any help ID'ing would be great, as my broody buff orp hatched out 3 of thier chicks and I need to know what to tell folks that may be interested in them .TIA,

Terry

2. charliesgirl

charliesgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    MN
    they look like they could be silkie crosses. i dont know what they could be crossed with but the little poof on top of their heads makes me lean towards the silkie cross idea. whatever they are they are gorgeous!

3. RHewitt

RHewitt Chillin' With My Peeps

The rooster definatley has some Antwerp Belgian in him here's a picture of mine. Definately and crossbreed.

[​IMG]

4. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    Quote:Sorry but your Antwerp looks nothing like him.

The OP's roosters has golden lacing, and rosecomb/walnut comb.

I believe the rooster is a Gold Laced Wyandotte crossed with a Silkie.

The hens look like CochinxSilkie crosses.

Last edited: May 2, 2009
  5. chickenguysmom

chickenguysmom Chillin' With My Peeps

That is the cutest, fattest rooster I have ever seen. He's like a little puff ball. Please tell me he has the personality of a sweetie. I agree that they look like cochinxsilkie but didn't know that cochins had that pattern for the hens. They kind of look like EE's too.

6. RHewitt

RHewitt Chillin' With My Peeps

I thought the neck, tail feathers and the comb looked similar. I guess I was incorrect.

7. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    Quote:Don't worry about it [​IMG] I can see why you would make the mistake as the pic isn't that good. You just have to look harder. You do have a beautiful roo by the way. And I love the Sebrights in the background. [​IMG]

8. tman332003

tman332003 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 1, 2008
    sw Mi.
    Thanks to all for your input . It does kind of appear they may be cochin x silkie mixes. Here is a pic of the day old chicks, 3 of them have a distinct "tuft", but its hard to see in the pic. Have a great day.[​IMG]

9. insiderart

insiderart Obviously Insane

Apr 30, 2009
    Arkansas
    The male looks like a Sebright cross to me....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by