What breed of chicken is this hen?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by MrsCountryChick, Nov 26, 2011.

1. MrsCountryChick

MrsCountryChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    PA
    I'm posting for a friend MzChickenChick who is new here & can't post yet.

This is her hen approximately 7months old. She is a large sized hen. Any info would be Appreciated. [​IMG] Here are her photos:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. most likely just a mix
    but she does look somewhat like a pet quality white laced red Cornish

3. 1Chick Magnet

1Chick Magnet Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2008
    New Hampshire
    I have 2 amber links that look almost the same. they are sex link production hens

4. stormylady

stormylady Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    Quote:I was thinking the same thing

5. MzChickenChick

MzChickenChick New Egg

Nov 26, 2011
    Hi and thank you for the replies.

The place I got them told us they would not be any mixes, and gave us a list of what they could possibly be but my teenage daughter misplaced the list.

6. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    Maybe tetra tint?

7. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    It's a mix... or an amberlink, but beautiful at any rate.

8. MzChickenChick

MzChickenChick New Egg

Nov 26, 2011
    Quote:Thank you! I started researching these and I think this is exactly what they are. We got them at tractor supply, while searching I found another post of someone else who ended up with the same. We have 5 out of the same batch, they all look the same for the most parts just the marking's on them are more or less.

9. MzChickenChick

MzChickenChick New Egg

Nov 26, 2011
    Thank you all so much!! It's nice to know what they are! I am excited to know they will probably be brown egg layers if they are Amber links. I know they are big girls and absolutely friendly.

I can't thank you all enough!! [​IMG]

10. 1Chick Magnet

1Chick Magnet Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Quote:Thank you! I started researching these and I think this is exactly what they are. We got them at tractor supply, while searching I found another post of someone else who ended up with the same. We have 5 out of the same batch, they all look the same for the most parts just the marking's on them are more or less.

mine came from tractor supply too. one of mine lays VERY dark brown eggs. they are almost copper. she frequently lays double yolkers which is common for this breed. I live in NH. I had 1 of the girls last winter. I give no additional light. she layed all winter even when the others stopped. you will be happy with them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by