What breed of chickens are these? Game bantams and RIR maybe?

sceggs

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 21, 2012
South Carolina
Hello, I'm hoping y'all can help me ID these chickens. I'm new to chickens and don't konw very many breeds yet. When we got our chicks (3 BO and 3 RIR) I wanted to get a RIR rooster also but couldn't find one. My wife's grandmother told me we could have her chickens. She has 4 chickens that basically live wild. They forage for food and roost in trees. I've been feeding them for about a month or so. They now visit us daily and will let me get within about a foot or two of them, but I still can't touch them. There is a big rooster, two small roosters, and a small hen. I think the big rooster is a RIR, and I think the small hen and small rosters may be some kind game bantams. What do y'all think?

Big Rooster:

Small Hen:

Small Rooster #1:

Small Rooster #2:

He has some dark spots on him. When the sun hits him good he is shiny red and the tail feathers have a green tint to them, almost grenish black. Here's another pic of the big one.

Another pic. The big rooster is the one in the center.

I dont know about breed but that rooster is one of the most gorgous and dignafied and roosterly rooster I have laid eyes on in a very long time
droolin.gif
Your a lucky chicken lover

Thanks. I agree, they sure are some pretty roosters. Amazingly they all get along. I think the only reason they do get along is because they are free ranging. I don't think they could ever be cooped up together. I love hear them crow and watch them strut around. Once in a while the big rooster will chase the small roosters across the yard. He was bad about that when i first started feeding them. I think he's figured out there's enough food for everyone and called down now.

Back
Top Bottom