What Breed Of Chicken's Do I Have ?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by MrMoore, Mar 3, 2012.

1. MrMoore

MrMoore New Egg

Mar 2, 2012
    Bell, Florida
    Hi BYC i was wondering inf anyone know,s what breed these chickens are .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Meara

Meara Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2011
    Midwest
    [​IMG]

Hmmm, it's kinda hard to tell from those pictures. Are they large fowl or bantams?

3. tinychicky

tinychicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2010
    Hollis, New Hampshire
    the rooster might be a welsummer or a partridge rock and the hen on the left looks like a brown leghorn. the hen on the far right is probably an easter egger or mixed breed. individual and closer up pics would certainly help us to tell for sure :)

4. MrMoore

MrMoore New Egg

Mar 2, 2012
    Bell, Florida
    OK thx i will get some better pics and post tomorrow. The rooster prob ways about 6-7 lbs the hens are about 5-6 not sure what weight class that puts him in these chickens where give to me buy a friend that had to move ! And i am very new to chicken farming LOL.

I went and bought some RIR from the feed store 12 chick's But i want to keep the same breed together and not get mixed up blood line going . My goal is to be raising some rare breeds . But figured i would start with some cheaper birds first to learn the ropes . The lady i got the roo from said she thinks he is a Black and Copper Maran. But i don't know enough to make that call ..She also said the yellow legged hen might be a Welsummer . If so are these 2 breeds worth investing in getting mates for them . I'm looking to start selling at the auctions.I live in Central florida . Any and all advice is helpfull.

5. MrMoore

MrMoore New Egg

Mar 2, 2012
    Bell, Florida
    [​IMG]

Here is another pic of the Roo ..Someone else told me he might be a New Hampshire Red ..

6. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

He's definitely not a NHR, but my guess is going with mix.. Hope someone else can help out!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by