What breed of dog is this?

Akwasi

Chirping
5 Years
Oct 31, 2014
I found this guy roaming near an uncompleted structure. I want the house to take guesses on the breed.

What breed is this fella? Lets see how good you are

0.jpg

If your browser cannot play the video, here is the direct Youtube link to the video

With the long body he almost looks like some sort of dachshund, corgi, or bassett hound mix but that's about all I've got. :/ his face looks really weird and unique though

With the long body he almost looks like some sort of dachshund, corgi, or bassett hound mix but that's about all I've got. :/ his face looks really weird and unique though

^ Agree. You can get a dog genetic test kit on Amazon for about $75 to find out for sure.

Last edited:
Unfortunately most of the DNA tests are not reliable so it's not really worth it. :/ I hope they are able to eventually maie reliable tests but I think dog DNA is all too similar to each other. I've heard stories where it says known pure Labs or German Shepherds have Chihuahua in them. Lmao it was a great suggestion though just, unfortunately, probably not really worth the money imo :/

I would maybe ask a vet or trainer or someone

Quite close. It's one of the three you mentioned

No offense, but how do you know if we're right? If you found the dog, you don't exactly know the parents. So I'm thinking it's a your guess is as good as ours kind of thing.

No offense, but how do you know if we're right? If you found the dog, you don't exactly know the parents. So I'm thinking it's a your guess is as good as ours kind of thing.

You are right but I got an expert to tell me the breed. As I said, it is one of the mentioned breeds.

Well I hope my expert is indeed an expert
1f609.png

Is it a corgi mix? Looks too big for a dachshund and no long ears like a bassett. Although it kinda looks a little long bodied for a corgi so idk. It def looks like a mix thougg but adorable either way. Where'd the dog end up?

Is it a corgi mix? Looks too big for a dachshund and no long ears like a bassett. Although it kinda looks a little long bodied for a corgi so idk. It def looks like a mix thougg but adorable either way. Where'd the dog end up?
Of course it is a corgi mix. Well the dog happened to be staying just across the street and often roam that place. Saw it yesterday as well. He indeed is a cutie

Back
Top Bottom