What breed of ducks are these?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by navyboyjay, Mar 9, 2017.

1. navyboyjay

navyboyjay New Egg

Mar 8, 2017
    Does anyone know what breed of ducks these are?[​IMG][/IMG]

2. lomine

lomine Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2015
    Peyton, CO
    The one in front looks similar to a Rouen and its a drake. I don't know about the middle one (very pretty). Do you have another picture? The one in the back and the one cut out of the picture on the left look like Blue Swedish. However, that pattern is also pretty common in Pekin mix breeds.

3. navyboyjay

navyboyjay New Egg

Mar 8, 2017
    [​IMG] Here is another picture. Thanks[​IMG]

4. lomine

Aug 7, 2015
    Peyton, CO
    I don't recognize it. Where did you get it?

5. navyboyjay

navyboyjay New Egg

Mar 8, 2017
    Here are some more pictures. My neighbor gave them to me. She didn't know what breed they were either, thanks. [​IMG][/IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

6. lomine

Aug 7, 2015
    Peyton, CO
    Might be a mix breed. Has a nice eye stripe.

That Blue Swedish looks like a drake too (dark head). If you only have a few ducks you'll want to make sure the drakes don't over mate the hens. They can actually gang up on one a kill her. Just something to keep in mind. (Not sure how experienced you are with ducks so please don't be insulted if you already know this.)

Also, not sure if you noticed but there is a Duck thread under Other Backyard Poultry that has lots of helpful duck folk if you every run into problems, have questions, or just want to share more duck pictures. We never get tired of duck pictures.

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    You can post on the "Duck thread," just put that in the search box and it will come up. I'm sorry I don't know much about ducks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by