What breed of hens 2

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by pidgey104, Feb 13, 2009.

1. pidgey104

pidgey104 Cochins R Us

Nov 10, 2007
    Panama City ,Florida
    can anyone tell be what breed these hens are. these are the ones in my laying pen.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    The first looks like a partridge rock to me, but I have no guesses on the others.

3. animal nut

animal nut Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2008
    S. E Ohio
    I agree. The first hen looks just like my hen and I was told she was a partiage rock when I bought her.

4. PQ

PQ Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2009
    Platina, Ca.
    1st Partridge, 3rd has green legs & pea comb, Araucana, maybe mixed,? Cant really see face head on. Last picture with all hens columbian Wyandotte is the white with balc in its neck and the one with no featers is Turken. Dont know about the rest hope this helps.

5. pidgey104

pidgey104 Cochins R Us

Nov 10, 2007
    Panama City ,Florida
    yep I know my rooster is Turken I used to have a whole flock of them. I think your right on the fisrt hen. I'll have to go looking though me books and see what the others look like.

6. PQ

Feb 5, 2009
    Platina, Ca.
    Do you like the turken breed? We just hatched out some from eggs. We just wanted one for the looks and we have got 12 out of 12 [​IMG]

7. pidgey104

pidgey104 Cochins R Us

Nov 10, 2007
    Panama City ,Florida
    I used to love the breed. I had a roo and 15 hens. But noone ever wanted to buy turken eggs so They wornt paying for the feed. so I downsized them to a roo and 4 hens. and added them into my layer flock. They laid eggs like crazy.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
  8. PQ

Feb 5, 2009
    Platina, Ca.
    How many eggs do you get from them? My 4 year olds fav time of day is the three times we go "egg hunting" Yesterday he found a wonderful prize our Americanas have started laying and he found a pink and green egg, you would have thought he saw Santa in that hen house with all the excitment! [​IMG]
    We really like the Turken chicks but they are by far the loudest chicks we have ever hatched.

9. pidgey104

pidgey104 Cochins R Us

Nov 10, 2007
    Panama City ,Florida
    I allways got a good 8 eggs a day or sometime 12 eggs a day. I so many but noone was buying.

10. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Partridge rock and a bunch of easter eggers.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by