What Breed of Pigeons are these???

Discussion in 'Pigeons and Doves' started by Feathered Wings, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Feathered Wings

Feathered Wings Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Georgia
    I Bought this Beautiful Pair of Pigeons Saturday and the lady that sold them said they were Velencian Figuritas.[​IMG]
    But when i looked them up on the web the Velencians had the frill on their chest and these pigeons don't.
    I found another pigeon that looks like these but it's called a Budapest.
    Can anyone tell me which one they are or what breed they are [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The dark one is the male and the White is the female.

I JUST LOVE THEM!! [​IMG]

2. Teach97

Teach97 Bantam Addict

Nov 12, 2008
    Hooker, OK
    if those are figuritas...they are really bad! [​IMG] Looks like you are probably right about the Budapests...there are many breeds that look very similiar and are hard to tell apart (just look at the different rollers) there are folks that have spent so much time breeding that they have given their name to a line and act like they are a different breed...you gotta be careful with any bird transaction as there are those that sell but don't really know much about them...I saw someone offering "RARE" saddle Lahores on Eggbid...they were actually trash birds as saddle is not an option in the Lahore world!

3. Feathered Wings

Oct 9, 2008
    Georgia
    I don't know anything about these breeds and i was just hopeing someone might have some and be able to tell me what they were.
    There was several different ones on the web that looked like them.

4. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:People are like that with quails too it gets frusterating and it's hard to know where to get good stock from

5. ghulst

ghulst Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2008
    Zeeland Michigan
    They are Budapest tumblers.

6. Feathered Wings

Oct 9, 2008
    Georgia
    Budapest Tumblers Do you fly these?

Are they cold hardy? They are smaller than my other pigeons and i thought they might freeze. I have them in large cage in my house and they have been mateing.
    Would they set and raise babys inside if i give them a nest?

I really love their big eyes and small beaks they kind of look like a big dove.

7. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Yep, those are budapest. They are a pretty rare breed around here. They have a lot of trouble raising their own babies with their short beaks, but can usually handle one.

I had a pair and they raised a few babies but were terrible parents. Neat birds though, and certainly got a lot of attention!

8. seedcorn

seedcorn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2007
    NE. IN
    So what do they do that makes them special? had birmingham rollers that were a blast until the problem w/hawks got more than I could bear. When friend died that started me in them, I gave rest of mine to his g'son and others.

When you have a kit of 20 that all roll at the same time in tight rolls for an average of 40' and go back to kit at the same time, it was fun. Dang Hawks......thought they were wounded and would attack.

9. gypsy2621

gypsy2621 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Quote:They are beautiful Tumblers, short beaked or not , very neat birds.
    You can always hand feed the babys, I have done it many times with longer beaked pigeons.
    They make smaller feeding rubes for the smaller birds , I would suggest using one for small house birds if you should decide to hand feed.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2009
  10. muscovy94

muscovy94 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 11, 2008
    Vicksburg, MS
    They look like budapest to me, but I might be wrong. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by