1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

what breed of rabbit!!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by stumble_n_mumble, Oct 29, 2009.

1. stumble_n_mumble

stumble_n_mumble Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    i rescued this male from the parking lot of the zoo i work at. i am puzzled what kind of breed he is. let me know what you think. i obviously know he is a lop lol
    [​IMG]

2. mamato3

mamato3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2008
    SWMissouri
    depending on how much he weighs i would say holland lop he looks like my buck which is on the large side for a holland lop

3. stumble_n_mumble

Nov 23, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    he was just at the vet and already weighs 5 1/2 pounds. and they said that it is his "lower end" weight. and they said he just reached sexual maturity so i got him neutered! lol

4. Hoosiermomma

Hoosiermomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    I would say it's a holland lop tort. [​IMG] He's a real cutie!!![​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
  5. RabbitMage

RabbitMage Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2009
    He's probably a Holland Lop. 5 1/2 lbs is at the upper end of their weight limit, actually. He probably doesn't have a dwarf gene. Cute bun!

6. HenPen

HenPen Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Vet says he is low for weight and just reached sexual maturity so he has room to grow yet I think he is a Mini Lop

7. vicki2x2

vicki2x2 Super Chick

Feb 9, 2008
    Central Michigan
    I agree, if he is at the low end of his weight at 5 1/2 pounds, he is too big for a holland, he is a mini lop. Cute boy though!

8. stumble_n_mumble

Nov 23, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    he is adorable!! so you guys think mini lop? ill have to do some research and ill get some more pictures tomorrow !!

9. chinbunny

chinbunny In a hutch

Aug 24, 2009
    If he weighs 5 1/2 pounds, then he is a mini lop. The tort color is very popular with holland lops, but sometimes minis also come in that color too. Did you try to find his owner before you had him neutered? Someone might be looking for him. He may be an escaped pet from neighbors living by the zoo.

10. chinbunny

chinbunny In a hutch

Aug 24, 2009
    Also if he was a pet or show rabbit, he may have an ear number in his left ear.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by