1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What breed of Rooster??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by cluckingcanadian, Apr 7, 2009.

1. cluckingcanadian

cluckingcanadian Out Of The Brooder

Mar 16, 2009
    I bought these two roosters at an auction sale this past weekend. The only information I know is that they are bantams.

It doesn't really matter because I think they are just gorgeous but for curiosity sake can anyone help?

[​IMG]

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    It's a little too dark for me to see them clearly... got other pics?

3. cluckingcanadian

Mar 16, 2009
    [​IMG]

I lightened it up as much as I could without totally distorting the picture. HTH.

4. nzpouter

nzpouter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2009
    new zealand
    mutts.

5. redkan

redkan Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Central Maine
    The one in front looks almost exactly like my OEGB/EE mix, also a bantam (red vs. blond head). He did have a son that I gave away last year that was a redhead like that. I can't quite tell if that's a rose comb on yours. I get lovely green ping pong balls from my girls, just the thing for Easter. [​IMG]

6. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Umm... they look a little large and hefty to be bantams. I think you may have some LF birds.

7. cluckingcanadian

Mar 16, 2009
    Quote:That's what I thought as they are nearly the size of my white leghorn rooster. What is LF?

8. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    LF is large fowl. Not bantam. Does one have a bit of a crest on his head? Like he might be part polish?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by