What breed of roosters are these?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by flyingroosterranch, Nov 25, 2012.

1. flyingroosterranch

flyingroosterranch New Egg

Mar 25, 2008
    Cowgill, Missouri
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sorry the pictures are kind of dark, but its been cloudy here almost everyday this past two weeks. The first pictures rooster has yellow legs and white earlobes and small comb, which almost looks like two combs are starting side by side, I know you can't really tell that in the pic.
    Second rooster is the dominant rooster even though he is smaller, but heavy built. He has yellow legs and red earlobes, he came out of a very dark brown egg.
    They each came from a purebreed flock, but she didn't label them and I can't remember what the breeds were?
    Any help would be nice. I have always raised speckled sussex, but I couldn't resist the pretty colors of her rooster, I swear keeping chickens is addictive. I hate it when our local Orscheln has baby chicks because I have to go have a look and sometimes feel sorry for them and buy some.

2. Baymule

Baymule Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Northeast Texas
    I don't know, but I'll throw out some possibilities......New Hampshire Red? Rhode Island Red? Buckeye? Wellsummer? Or you could call her up and ask what did you get.

3. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Nice roosters! They look like Buckeye, or maybe american game?
    Sorry, not an expert!
    Good Luck!
    [​IMG]

4. my sunwolf

my sunwolf Chillin' With My Peeps

x2 on them being Buckeyes...

5. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Sorry, those don't look like buckeyes. Wrong comb, color and body type.

They actually look like mixed breed roosters.

6. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    they look like mixes

7. fuzziecreatures

fuzziecreatures Chillin' With My Peeps

x2

8. WalkingOnSunshine

WalkingOnSunshine Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2008
    Ohio
    Since you say they came from a purebred flock, I'd like to see photos that are much closer, esp. of the heads and combs. It's really hard to tell from this distance. I think your second rooster, the one with the double comb, is probably a Welsummer from your description of his comb and egg.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by