What breed or breed mix are my 5 mos old roos?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by barnyard betty, Sep 19, 2012.

1. barnyard betty

barnyard betty Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2012
    Wondering what these two fellas might be. I raised them from eggs, they were both chipmunk striped as chicks and they are about 5 mos now.

They look a lot a like but one is bigger and one is smaller and they have diff comb styles and the small one has some light feathering on legs. The little one has already begun to crow and both are very sweet. Any ideas on what they could be? I don't know if they are pure or mixes, so either is possible. They have very pretty green/blue iridescent tail feathers and are such handsome fellows [​IMG]
    Thank you guys! [​IMG]

Bigger roo on left #1, smaller one on right #2

[​IMG]

Roo # 1
    [​IMG]

Roo # 2
    [​IMG]

Roo # 1
    [​IMG]

2. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    the smaller one is a mix the bigger one could be pure or mixed where you get the eggs?

3. barnyard betty

Apr 5, 2012
    I got the eggs from a friend, we have an incubator and they didn't so we incubated a bunch of eggs for them and I got a few of the chicks as a thank you. They have all kinds of breeds running together so not sure what they are. Could the smaller one be part bantam? Thanks!

4. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    could be do you know what breeds your friend has?

5. barnyard betty

Apr 5, 2012
    They have just about everything. One of the older sons does all the poultry auctions around here and he ends up taking home a lot of the ones that don't sell LOL! [​IMG] So they have many different kinds both common and rare including many bantams. Most of the pure breeds are usually kept separate but not all of them, the general population is all 2nd and 3rd gen mixed...anyhow and the youngest son had let them all out weeks prior to setting the eggs...so it's anyone's guess [​IMG] LOL!

6. BlueCamas

BlueCamas Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2011
    Milwaukie, Oregon
    My only guess is Columbian Rock crossed with Silver Laced Wyandotte or Columbian Wyandotte. But if she has pretty much everything, there's really no telling what they are [​IMG]

7. ChickenExtreme

ChickenExtreme Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2012
    Mixed for sure

8. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    Columbian something on both of them. The first looks like a Rock and the second like a Wyandotte.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by