What breed or Breeds might CWCD be?** New Pics Added**

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ChickenwecallDog, Aug 16, 2010.

1. ChickenwecallDog

ChickenwecallDog Out Of The Brooder

Jun 14, 2010
    Aztec, New Mexico
    Our "little Chicken we call Dog" has grown quite a bit since I was able to be here last! He is deffinately a Roo with a very hearty crow at 5 A.M. every morning now. His feathers are comming in beautifully with the prettiest shades of tan or "gold" I have seen in a while. our only question left now is what Breed is he? Here are some new pics of CWCD to help in determining what Breed he is.
    Thanks again in advance!
    Peeps Mom

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][/img]

Last edited: Aug 17, 2010
  2. elieugene6

elieugene6 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2010
    Western ny
    Is that a single comb? He has the same body type and coloring of my dekalb amberlinks. So possibly that would be the breed although I have never seen an amberlink roo. I think they are supposed to be darker than the hens but my hens are lighter than they are supposed to be. This is just a guess though.

3. ChickenwecallDog

ChickenwecallDog Out Of The Brooder

Jun 14, 2010
    Aztec, New Mexico
    Here's a couple more close up's of his Comb [​IMG] Sorry it took me so long to get them (CWCD decided that the camera looked tasty;) ) I'm sorry if I can't honestly say his comb is a single or not (I'm pretty DUH when it comes to anything other than a dog or a cat [​IMG] ) I was hoping to have learned more than I have by now but our loss of internet kicked us pretty hard for about 2 months:hit Glad to be back now though lol! CWCD is a learning experience for us to say the least and I'm looking for a girlfriend for him still (poor guy is so lonely ) Well I think I'm done babeling for the moment lol
    [​IMG]

and one more....

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 17, 2010
  4. elieugene6

elieugene6 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2010
    Western ny
    Ok, I don't know what type of comb it is but definitely not a single. Sorry I am at a loss right now. Hopefully someone else will have an idea, but amberlinks have a single comb.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by