What breed or mix is my cockerel? 5 weeks--2 pics

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by bantyshanty, Jun 6, 2011.

1. bantyshanty

bantyshanty Oval Office Courier

Oct 6, 2009
    S.W Pennsylvania
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

He was hatched from a batch of bantam cochin eggs I was given.
    HE was slightly bigger, fluffier, and cuter than the other cochin peeps.
    He's now half again the size of his hatchmates. He has a slight feathering on his outer toes, and his crest has been developing in the last week, just slightly.

Any ideas?

2. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    He almost looks part Polish. Not sure...hes a mix for sure but not sure with what. He is very interesting looking though [​IMG] Hope someone else can help more then I have.

3. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    Best guess I wouold say cochin /polish mix,should be intersting to see what he looks like when he grows up.

4. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Quote:That would be my guess too.

5. bantyshanty

Oct 6, 2009
    S.W Pennsylvania
    Thanks, that's what I'm thinking, too. He's getting muffs as well & has the Ameraucana eye-set, so I'm thinking part EE. Wish he were a She.... Great personality!

6. Pele

Pele Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    Aw man, I'd love to see pics of that cutie when he's older! That fluffy butt has to be Cochin, and that tophat has to be Polish. If he's getting a muff, then definitely part EE.

It's as if a mad scientist decided to add parts of every fluffy breed he/she could find, and put it in one chicken! [​IMG]

7. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    Looks like a d'Uccle cross. Might be a d'Uccle /Polish Cross.

Chris

8. bantyshanty

Oct 6, 2009
    S.W Pennsylvania
    Thanks, everyone. At 6 weeks, he looks a lot like an emu. He has really short legs & a deep, wide chest, and walks low to the ground. Right after I named him, little Emu started to crow. He's really sweet & CALM, has lots of personality. He likes to snuggle & be walked around on my shoulder. I am in a zoned residential suburb, of course. Can I get away with yet another crower?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by