What breed? Roo or Pullet?

Is that an Egg?

Chirping
5 Years
Mar 21, 2018
California
I ordered one barred rock roo, somehow ended up with two.
I put numbers by the birds to try and help identify them.

I’m having a hard time telling these apart: Speckled Sussex, Blue Laced Red Wyandotte, Gold Laced Wyandotte, and Blue Laced Gold Wyandotte.

Which Roo should I keep? The smaller one will peck me any time I grab one of the pullets. The larger one seems calmer.

Attachments

• 9C7EB745-6E73-41D8-A401-54831BC681EC.jpeg
    9C7EB745-6E73-41D8-A401-54831BC681EC.jpeg
    956.9 KB · Views: 21
  • 2CC310EF-13DB-44EE-8B83-A31DEF942348.jpeg
    2CC310EF-13DB-44EE-8B83-A31DEF942348.jpeg
    927.4 KB · Views: 17
I ordered one barred rock roo, somehow ended up with two.
I put numbers by the birds to try and help identify them.

I’m having a hard time telling these apart: Speckled Sussex, Blue Laced Red Wyandotte, Gold Laced Wyandotte, and Blue Laced Gold Wyandotte.

Which Roo should I keep? The smaller one will peck me any time I grab one of the pullets. The larger one seems calmer.
Pictures didn't attach...

Did the upload this time?
Yes. But it's tough to determine gender on such young birds other than the two male PBRs and without pictures of individual birds from the side. I also suspect #2 is a cockerel.

You don't want to chose which boy stays until they get older and start to show their temperaments. You want to keep the one that best fits what you are looking for in a flock rooster and remove any that are human aggressive.

Last edited:
Yes. But it's tough to determine gender on such young birds other than the two male PBRs and without pictures of individual birds from the side. I also suspect #2 is a cockerel.

You don't want to chose which boy stays until they get older and start to show their temperaments. You want to keep the one that best fits what you are looking for in a flock rooster and remove any that are human aggressive.
X2

Back
Top Bottom