1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What breed rooster could this be?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Fombellchicks, Nov 22, 2008.

1. Fombellchicks

Fombellchicks Out Of The Brooder

Mar 7, 2008
    Western PA
    Hi, the is one of the chickens I got today from a lady who wanted to get rid of all of her chickens. He is the only rooster in the group. I don't know his age. He is not very big - so I think he is a bantam. I would like to know what breed he might be. Does anybody have an idea?
    THANK YOU!
    [​IMG]

2. chicken_angler

chicken_angler Coop Constructist

Jun 23, 2008
    a house
    I am not sure on the breed but you might want to post the pics of all the birds you got today onto one post so they arent blocking up forum space. How come this lady was getting rid of all of her chickens? I saw the turkey. I think it is a bourbon red. The hen might be a cross of an OEGB and an easter egger if there can be that kind of cross. I have an EE that looks like that as little bit though except she is a lot bigger.

3. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    Silkie cross.... note the black skin, topknot, etc. If the other is an OEGB mix.. this one could be Silkie and OEGB [​IMG]

4. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    He does look like a silkie cross, but the lack of feathered feet and 5th toe are throwing me off...he may be a polish x

5. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Maybe a game foul mix.

6. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    He may be an f2 or later bird also

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by