What breed rooster do I have!?

sunnshine78

In the Brooder
6 Years
Feb 3, 2013
Arkansas, USA

My daughter got 2 chicks from her Agriculture class in school. They are now 5 months old and was suppose to be both hens. Needless to say, one is a rooster and Im trying to give him away so I need to know what breed he is. She also got 4 more chicks that are 2 and a half months old and we believe that 3 are roosters, none are crowing yet but how do I know for sure that they are roosters. We think the lightest color one is the hen. Sorry its a bad pic.

My daughter got 2 chicks from her Agriculture class in school. They are now 5 months old and was suppose to be both hens. Needless to say, one is a rooster and Im trying to give him away so I need to know what breed he is. She also got 4 more chicks that are 2 and a half months old and we believe that 3 are roosters, none are crowing yet but how do I know for sure that they are roosters. We think the lightest color one is the hen. Sorry its a bad pic.

The rooster at the top is a Goldline i think the chick in the middle at the bottom is a Cuckoo Maran or Barrred Rock, not sure about the others...

I would hold off getting rid of the last 4. Barred Rock hens have small combs as well as several other breeds. If you can post pictures of them standing from the side I'm sure someone could tell you for sure.

Thanks K Epp! I do plan on waiting to get get rid of the other three, Im waiting for them to crow, I would hate to get rid of a good laying hen.

Your top roo looks like some sort of red sex link, maybe a second generation.
The second pic, yeah, those three are all cockerels. No way a hen that age has that much comb.

I'm not positive the one with the small comb is a hen, either. That color makes me think roo, but a better shot of that bird would help.

Back
Top Bottom