What Breed rooster?

eaweathers

In the Brooder
5 Years
Mar 28, 2014
I ordered several chicks from Murry McMurray. Breed include: Welsummer, Buff Orpington, Ameracauna and Blue Laced Wyandotte.
I had some die as chicks before I could tell what they were so it's hard for me to say how many of each I lost. However, I know I ordered all sexed female Ameracauna except 1 male Ameracauna. I ordered 10 Welsummer straight runs.
I have a ton of roosters now! But I can't tell if they are all Welsummer or not.
Can Welsummer have blue legs? It looks almost identical to the Welsummer roosters....

First two pictures are blue leg rooster, last two pictures are yellow leg rooster
IMG_6664.JPG
IMG_6692.JPG
IMG_6662.JPG
IMG_6656.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6669.JPG
    IMG_6669.JPG
    377.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_6686.JPG
    IMG_6686.JPG
    643.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6689.JPG
    IMG_6689.JPG
    514 KB · Views: 4
Yours are juvenile, so may improve with age, as roosters don't come into full color often until the second molt. However, the top bird has pattern and color is off. Bottom bird also has off coloring.

Can't see them well enough for conformation.

Look at SOHC pic for a good looking Welsummer rooster and hen.

LofMc

This is my advice to you........don't buy straight run chicks unless you have too!! Oh man! I have been through this so many times.......roosters, roosters, roosters! It's so hard to rehome them. We usually end up having to butcher. I like bantams, but people can't sex them cause they are so tiny. We ended up having to butcher six pretty little roosters, including silver sebrights. I was attached to them, but we just had to many. I had them on Craigslist and FB.

This is my advice to you........don't buy straight run chicks unless you have too!! Oh man! I have been through this so many times.......roosters, roosters, roosters! It's so hard to rehome them. We usually end up having to butcher. I like bantams, but people can't sex them cause they are so tiny. We ended up having to butcher six pretty little roosters, including silver sebrights. I was attached to them, but we just had to many. I had them on Craigslist and FB.
Yea I ordered all sexed except the Welsummer because they were only offered as straight run, I think next time I will just not get anything unless they can sex then!

Back
Top Bottom