What breed(s) are present in these?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by 92Pony, Jan 20, 2012.

1. 92Pony

92Pony Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2010
    South Carolina
    Two white and two red/brown roos that I got for free (as biddies) - Hatched Sept.1 of last year. In a couple of pics, you can see what I believe to be the dad of at least the white ones (they're dead ringers for him) in the far background. I was told that he (the presumed dad ) was an Americana - I'm guessing more likely an EE. The 4 young ones were supposedly hatched by a game hen.

What do you see in them?

Edit

I'm having a devil of a time posting pics,[​IMG] so I'll have to link my album.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/ga...01065/user_id/49994#page=0&sort=display_order

Thanks,

Wade

Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
  2. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    The two white ones I would hazard a guess at one being EE/Leghorn and the other EE/Orpington. The reds I would guess Leghorn/Orpington or something similar. I'm guessing Leghorn because of the yellow legs on the one EE cross and the white earlobes on the reds. I'm guessing Orpington based on the white legs and the fact that I see what appears to be an Orp hen in the pen with the older roo. :-D

3. 92Pony

92Pony Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2010
    South Carolina
    Well, you can't base my roos on any hens also in the pics - They are all new to my existing flock of hens. [​IMG] I don't recall what all the girl had (breedwise) where I got them - Except for the fact that she said they were hatched out by a game hen.

Thanks,

Wade

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by