What breed(s) is Rose?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by hensdeliverthegoods, Mar 24, 2008.

1. hensdeliverthegoods

hensdeliverthegoods Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Catawba County, NC
    I'm wondering what breed or breeds my little pullet Rose is. I was told she's a Red Star, but the other chick I got with her turned out to be a BO. Rose has white legs, but almost no comb or wattle development yet. She's also much smaller than the BO, who is supposed to be the same age. I believe she's 18-20 weeks old. She also has a bit of black at the ends of her tail feathers. The person who hatched her has Red Stars, BO's and GL Wyandottes.
    She is in the background here.
    [​IMG]
    Rose is on the right here
    [​IMG]
    Again, she's on the right.
    [​IMG]

And in the background again here - did I mention my poor little Rose is bottom of the pecking order?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 24, 2008
  2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Rose looks like a pretty Buff Orpington pullet to me.

3. hensdeliverthegoods

Dec 18, 2007
    Catawba County, NC
    Thanks Cynthia - so I guess she's just much younger than the other BO (Violet) in the picture?

4. Redfeathers

Redfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Gervais OR
    Wow. I have a BO named Rose on the bottom of the pecking order...and I have a BO named Violet too. I chose their names from the british comedy "Keeping up appearances" I have a Daisy and a Hyacinth and I had a rooster named Onslo. Is that how you chose your names too or are you going with Flower names?

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

She does appear younger to me. I have a Violet, too, but she's a SLW. I love the name! I also have a Rose, sort of, a Rosemary, a RIR. Great minds and all that...

6. hensdeliverthegoods

Dec 18, 2007
    Catawba County, NC
    Quote:Both, actually! [​IMG] I decided on flower names for my flock, but we decided with these first four to give them the "Keeping up Appearances" names. When we thought Violet was a rooster, she was named Onslow. And the boss hen is - of course - Hyacinth! [​IMG]

Thank you so much for your input, Cynthia. I'm looking forward to watching Rose grow. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by