What breed / sex are my feed store duckies?

Smashlee83

Songster
Apr 9, 2021
Houston
We got Olive and Goose about 8 weeks ago from our local feed store and oh my goodness they have grown so fast. My guess is that Olive is a Khaki Campbell and Goose is a Muscovy but I honestly know next to nothing about ducks and have searched these forums to come up with that conclusion. Is it too early to determine if they are boys are girls?

Attachments

• IMG_0094[8327].jpg
    IMG_0094[8327].jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 18
Why do you think the black and white is a Muscovy? Is it getting caruncles that aren’t obvious in the picture? It looks like an Ancona to me but I do not have those and could be wrong. The brown one is a Khaki Campbell. As best I can tell he is a drake but if either is a girl they will be quacking loudly by now.

A Khaki Campbell and a Magpie. 😁 Do they quack or make a raspy voice? Could you post a video of their voice? (To post a video, upload it to Youtube, Vimeo, or other similar video platforms, and then copy/paste the link here.)

I had to look up magpie vs ancona because I've never had either! I'm taking back my suggestion of ancona, if others think a magpie is more likely.

I had a late quacker once. She didn't quack until at least 3 months! I think that's not typical, though. Hopefully you get some quacks soon, and if not many of our members really love their pet drakes.

Back
Top Bottom