What Breed/Sex are we?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by tree13ag, Jun 15, 2009.

1. tree13ag

tree13ag In the Brooder

Dec 4, 2008
    i hatched my brood from a (brown/white egg) variety order from Ideal...
    all have 4 toes
    hatched 3/20-3/21
    [​IMG]
    unknown breed. i'm hoping for a pullet, i love the feather pattern. clean yellow legs

[​IMG]
    close up of feathers

[​IMG]
    unknown breed. i have 2 of these & i think they're both cocks...may be pullet though. we just processed 3 of their noisy brothers that had HUGE combs. clean yellow legs

[​IMG]
    no idea on sex or breed...clean yellow legs

[​IMG]
    this is my favorite!i have 2, i think this one is a cock. he has a larger SINGLE comb & tail. these are sooooooo soft (much more so than my others) could he be an australorp? the pullet & cock both have short tail feathers that curl under. they are black with a green/blue sheen. the cock has white tips on a few of his wing feathers
    clean black/blue legs

[​IMG]
    breed/sex? clean yellow legs. could i be a dominique cock?
    [​IMG]
    here's the ROSE comb. it's pretty big & he's so pretty. i'm thinking cock....that sucks! it's a shame for something so pretty to be dinner [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 15, 2009
  2. PlumTuckered

PlumTuckered Songster

Jun 27, 2007
    Arkansas
    I think the White/Black Gal in the 4th photo is a Columbian Wyandotte, no idea on the others though.

Michelle

3. azelgin

azelgin Songster

Jan 18, 2008
    S.E. AZ
    Top looks like a GLW pullet. White Speckled looks like an EE roo. That's what me thinks. [​IMG]

4. tree13ag

tree13ag In the Brooder

Dec 4, 2008
    i am hoping top is GLW (goldenlacedwyandotte, right?) pullet...thats what we were thinking, but we only started with chickens last october

ideal said "supposedly" they don't have EE's (only Americauna/Auracana), but...?

5. azelgin

azelgin Songster

Jan 18, 2008
    S.E. AZ
    Quote:She looks a lot like mine do. I'd say yes.
    ideal said "supposedly" they don't have EE's (only Americauna/Auracana), but...?

Not according to most the folks on here. Most all hatcherys sell EE, instead of Ameracauna/Auracanas. By the way, I can't see your pics anymore?​

6. tree13ag

tree13ag In the Brooder

Dec 4, 2008
    i'm new to this & messed up on photobucket by trying to organize....should be back up now [​IMG]

7. azelgin

azelgin Songster

Jan 18, 2008
    S.E. AZ
    Looking again at the white/speckled, It could be a Wyandotte. I first thought it had muffs and a beard, but maybe it's just the angle of the pic. What color are the legs?

8. tree13ag

tree13ag In the Brooder

Dec 4, 2008
    clean yellow legs on the white & black one

9. azelgin

azelgin Songster

Jan 18, 2008
    S.E. AZ
    Quote:Wyandotte pullet. But hey, what do I know.[​IMG]

10. ArizonaDesertChicks

ArizonaDesertChicks Eggstactic for Pretty Eggs

Dec 8, 2008
    Glendale, AZ
    I'm looking at pic #1 and am wondering if the chicken in the background with the dark yellow legs is the same kind as the one laying down? Also, how old are your chicks?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: