What breed/sex is this?

looks like a RIR roo paid a visit to the BR pen and you got a lovely black star pullet out of the rendevouz

Well that's promising as I did not particularly want a rooster... just was worried it was an Ameracauna/EE rooster instead of a pullet. Will take better photos when I get home... as it does have slate greenish legs... and has turned much more red over shoulders, neck and chest.

I have a silver laced wyandotte and silver laced cochin. The one through the fencing is the cochin, but the one in the other pictures is the wyandotte. My cochin has a darker head where the wyandotte is very silver on her head. The one in question is the black-bodied chicken with the red head.

I was supposed to get a Barred Rock out of the pen too and got a chick that was all black instead. She's grown up to be a lovely Black-Star (or Black Sex link) They're supposed to be great layers. She's large, but hasn't started laying yet. My BO and EE have beat her to it. Here's a photo of her a couple of weeks ago.
102477_parsley.jpg

Mine looks just like that just with a more pronounced comb. We've been calling her Maurice thinking a rooster.... Guess it may be a Maureen
smile.png
How old is yours at that point? Mine is about 4 months old.

Last edited:
Here's a more recent pic from last week. She's about 5 months. You can see her comb is growing and turning red. No eggs from her yet, but when they come I bet they'll be big!
102477_parlsey21.jpg

Last edited:
68634_dsc_0014.jpg

68634_dsc_0235.jpg

Here are my 2 hens...started laying at 22 weeks give or take...one lighter one, like yours, honks at me and allows
me to carry her around!

My sex-link is a bit flighty, and will not allow me to get too close to her. My Blue Cochin allows me to pet her, pick her up, and will even sit on me lap. She'll cluck at me when on my lap if I STOP petting her
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom