What breed should I get???

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by C&Rman, Apr 7, 2011.

1. C&Rman

C&Rman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2011
    Nevada
    A breeder I know has been emailing me, and right now he has yearling of 6 diffrent breeds I could get they are;

*India Blues
    *White
    *Bronze
    *Midnight
    *Purple
    *and Silver pied

Which pair should I get? All of them are $100/pair, except the India Blues are $60/pair. I dont mind spending extra if I can get something good. What is your opions/experiences with these breeds? Thanks

2. ColbyNTX

ColbyNTX Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Woods, TX
    Get the color you like the best! Where do you live? I would love a $60/pair of blues.

3. C&Rman

Feb 26, 2011
    Nevada
    I live in Utah but the breeder is in Idaho. I am liking the bronze, but IB areare colorful! I am thinking that I am going to mix the breeds up. [​IMG]

4. MinxFox

MinxFox Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2010
    Pensacola, FL
    If it were me...I would get whites or silver pieds...But it is your choice get what you think you would enjoy the most.[​IMG]

5. jimmythechicken

jimmythechicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2010
    mansfield
    it is all about what you like i will say the broonze is breath taking in person. but my daughter loves the the purple sp an whites.

6. C&Rman

Feb 26, 2011
    Nevada
    i was thinking about getting Bronze, when I first saw them I fell in love with them [​IMG]

7. little blue

little blue Chillin' with my Orps

Jul 11, 2010
    Mansfield, CT
    C&Rman :

i was thinking about getting Bronze, when I first saw them I fell in love with them [​IMG]

i think you already know your answer then.hahahaha​

8. wannabchick

wannabchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2010
    Northen Va
    You know I did the same thing u are doing..it's tuff eh?

What out of this group do you just look at and go..

Oh my geisha I love that?

There ya go

Now u could be like me, like em all, but I still kept going back too.. But I love color...love color

So I decided I wanted ib first but got a ib, white eyed..so it had white in the eyes
    Then I didn't get a regular ib girl, because I don't for me personally like the look..since I do like blotchy browns and white, I thought mmmn, why not then get a girl that is not just ib but....ib pied, white eyed..

Now if those two breed it sounds like most would still be ib

But then I wanted white..to add to the group..then I had to see a spaulding pied male..and that did it..whooehy
    So my female ..this is where my white comes in..got a female white

Now when they all breed I could end up with more pied.more India blues, and dark india blue and whites... So I really like the group I am getting next week

Bronze doesn't do it for me..granted..I haven't seen one in person... lmao..neither did pied ..and it didn't take me but three weeks and I sooo soooo sooo see the beauty in them..had to have one,

I figure..in about 3 weeks..lmao I will so want a bronze..once I get past the well I have colorful peafowl and a white..now gimme some bronze..iam afraid to see one in person..hehehee

But I better move..heheeheh

Good luck..go for what you look at and say..that's so me...

9. peachick

peachick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2007
    Maryland 21787
    C&Rman :

I live in Utah but the breeder is in Idaho. I am liking the bronze, but IB areare colorful! I am thinking that I am going to mix the breeds up. [​IMG]

I will tell you honestly. I have been breeding peafowl for almost 10 years. I have had on average 50-60 peafowl at any given time.

My husband has never had interest in the peacocks... but when my Bronze male became an adult. Hubby LOVED him.​

10. C&Rman

Feb 26, 2011
    Nevada
    LOL I am going through exactly what you described wannabechick. And Lmao, about your husband, I am really attracted to the Bronze. I just caught another WILD PEACOCK who knows where they keep coming from. Its a IB peahen...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by