1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What breed? Super tiny

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by cwyrick1022, Mar 9, 2017.

1. cwyrick1022

cwyrick1022 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 27, 2017
    Oklahoma
    We went to pick out some chicks at tsc and my son wanted the tiniest chick in the bantam bin... it looked so tiny compared to the rest. Any ideas of what it could be? Pics soon..

2. Alexandra33

Alexandra33 Chillin' With My Peeps

Look forward to pictures! [​IMG]

3. cwyrick1022

Feb 27, 2017
    Oklahoma
    [​IMG]

4. cwyrick1022

Feb 27, 2017
    Oklahoma
    [​IMG]

5. cwyrick1022

Feb 27, 2017
    Oklahoma
    [​IMG]

So here's a photo for size comparison, the largest chick is sultan bantam I bought a week earlier.

The dark medium size one is a bantam silkie I bought the same day from the same bin as the mystery chick...

The small one is the mystery chick...

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
  6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Hope the larger chicks don't bully the smallest one. Since it's a banty they will much bigger than him/her. I would think the tiny one needs to be 6 weeks or more before it can be sexed.

7. cwyrick1022

Feb 27, 2017
    Oklahoma

The largest chick is 5 days older than the others. But she is the friendliest and It's super docile, she's the most pleasant bird to handle

. The silkies (2) are a day older than the smallest and they mostly keep to themselves.

They're all bantams. I bought them from the same bantam bin at tractor supply.

I'm actually surprised to say that that tiny chick is a little bully.

It constantly tries to pick fights with the silkies but it treats my sultan like a mother hen and stays under her feet constantly.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by