What Breed?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by inudewaruika, Sep 29, 2015.

1. inudewaruika

inudewaruika New Egg

Sep 29, 2015
    Long story: A friend of my mom's gave her a chick that he found on the side of the road alone with no hen or flock(she lives in a rural community so it's not strange to see chickens wandering about) so they caught it and brought it to her since "she's an animal person". She messaged me since my husband I have raised chickens in the past when we lived in town but had to rehome them when we moved an hour away (my husband's family took them since they have a large parcel of land and live in the country) Anyway I told her how to care for it and we drove down to see it. Adorable little thing, we decided we would keep it (town codes say at most 2 chickens).

So we have no idea what breed it is. The 4 chickens we had before were 2 Silver Laced Wyandottes (hen and roo), 1 Golden Laced Wyandotte (hen) and one we called a vulture (hen, no idea her breed, but she was a mean little thing)

So this is the little chick as it is now (we've had it for nearly 2 weeks now, we think it's a hen, hoping it is anyway) Can't get an overly decent pic since it moves so much.

Any help at all would be much appreciated.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. CascadiaRiver

CascadiaRiver Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2014
    Pacific Northwest
    It's extremely difficult to tell breed nor gender at such a early stage, I would guess we can give you a good breed and gender when she is a couple months old c: I hope she is a she for you!

3. inudewaruika

inudewaruika New Egg

Sep 29, 2015
    Okay thank you!

I'll be sure to post again later when it's older.

4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    x2

5. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    I agree.

6. Rhodebar Lover