1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What breed?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Duke84, May 20, 2016.

1. Duke84

Duke84 Out Of The Brooder

May 14, 2016
    Reno, NV
    I was told that she was one of four silver laced wyandotte but, she's the only one who's white in her feather is a different pattern along with her solid black head. The other three have a white/gray head already.
    This is her..
    [​IMG]

These are two of the other three..
    [​IMG]

Thanks for the help! I'd like to learn about the breeds I have but, this has had me a bit curious.

2. chicka79

chicka79 New Egg

Sep 19, 2013
    They will not all be the same color One may be the rooster

3. JaeG

JaeG Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2014
    New Zealand
    It looked barred rather than laced. I'd say it's a different breed, barred rock or something similar (I'm in New Zealand so we don't have the variety of breeds here - I know there are more barred breeds than just barred rocks just not sure what they are called).

1 person likes this.
  4. Duke84

May 14, 2016
    Reno, NV
    Good call! I decided to stop back into the store I got them and verified that she is in fact a barred rock.

5. littlegreywolf

littlegreywolf Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2016
    Southwest Texas
    You've got some lovely Black Laced Silver Wyandottes and a Barred Rock. lol. :) Barred Rocks are lovely chickens, too and are friendly and decent egg-layers. I've got 5 of them and wish I had bought more!

6. Duke84

May 14, 2016
    Reno, NV
    Black laced silver? Interesting I was told they were silver laced. Those are different correct? Sorry, I'm fresh out of the egg.

7. littlegreywolf

Mar 23, 2016
    Southwest Texas
    Well, the full "correct" term for them is Black Laced Silver Wyandotte, but I believe that's quite a lot for some to say, so some people just call them Silver Laced Wyandotte or Golden Laced Wyandotte (the other kind of Wyandotte). Either is correct, I suppose. They are the same kind of chicken. Technically, the lacing is black and the color of the chicken is silver or gold, depending on the breed of chicken.

8. Duke84

May 14, 2016
    Reno, NV
    Thank you! Good to know.

9. littlegreywolf

Mar 23, 2016
    Southwest Texas
    [​IMG]

10. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Your Wyandotte on the board in that bottom pic looks like a cockerel, that's an awful lot of red to the comb for the age.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by