What breed?

elanorevenstar

In the Brooder
Aug 31, 2016
This hen was sold to us as a Partridge Rock. Is that what she is? These photos were taken in July or thereabouts. I don't have a more recent photo, but apart from a brighter comb, she hasn't changed much.

Yep, looks like a partridge Rock to me. they have that weird barred looking pattern as juveniles, but it spreads out to the pretty penciled look as they mature.

My son was wondering if she was really a Partridge Rock and asked me to post pictures so we could find out. He's hoping to narrow down the suspects and find out who is laying the pale brown/pinkish eggs we've been getting. We do have three Easter Eggers, but two of them lay green eggs so we know only one of the EEs lays pink eggs. That leaves another pink/pale brown egg and we have this hen, four Isa Browns, a Barred Rock, and a Rhode Islabd Red. From the small amount of research I've done it seems that all of these hens lay brown eggs except the EEs. Which would lay pale brown/pink eggs? The EE pink eggs are barely different to the other pale brown/pink eggs we've been getting and at the moment we don't know which eggs are the pink EE eggs. Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom