What breed?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by chicksonline, Mar 17, 2017.

1. chicksonline

chicksonline Out Of The Brooder

Mar 14, 2017
    I have this chicken who lays tiny eggs they have been shown as fairy eggs but she never has a red comb or any sign of being a chicken! Attached a photo any ideas what breed she may be! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG] Please post photo at "what breed or gender is this." and state age in photo

3. chicksonline

chicksonline Out Of The Brooder

Mar 14, 2017
    I'm not sure how old she is and she is a female!

4. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    I agree with D'Diva regarding the Breeds Forum. I've no idea on the breed. She looks tiny.

5. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Diva's point was that while you know the bird is female, the forum she mentioned is also for breed identification -- it is best to take photos of a bird in a natural, standing position using natural lighting and showing the whole bird, legs included from the side profile. What color egg is this bird producing? When you say the eggs are fairy eggs are you going just by the size (this bird appears to be a bantam so small eggs are to be expected) or are they true "fairy" eggs that lack yolk and are white only?

6. zephyricle

zephyricle Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2017
    California
    Hm.. from the pictures given she looks like either really poor quality or a mix breed easter egger or faverolle. I didn't see her legs so no telling at this point

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by