What Breed?

Oct 16, 2017
North Carolina
So, I have this one hen who I have had since got chickens(3 1/2 years!) AND she is 4 (almost 5) years old. I've been trying to figure our what she is since we got her from good friends as a 1yr old. They dint what she was, only a mix... I was thinking a Jersey giant mix(they had a lot of Jersey giants), a cocin mix, (she has a few scrawny leg feathers) or maybe a partridge rock mix? She looks,a little skinnier and her tail isnt like it usually is because she is ust finishing up a molt
20171019_104832.jpg
20171019_104855.jpg

Thank you everyone!!!!!!!! :ya:ya :thumbsup:clap
One of our dogs got into our coop today (and was caught in under a minute) and spooked that chicken..she wasn't in the yard because I was putting her chicken harness on,and the leash was on too, and hearing the other chicken'a disstress, she spooked too and ran away. About 20 minutes ago,I was checking one last time for her in the chicken yard, but she still wasn't back, and it was time to roost. Suddenly I hear her clucking her eggsong( even though she wasn't laying an egg at all) and I turn to the woods to see her caught up In her leash and almost out of her harness. She was very happy when I unclipped her harness and took her back. Poor girl! She is now happily sitting in the roost. Needless to say she will never let me harness her agianXD

Back
Top Bottom