What breed?

CountryFarmGirl

Hatching
Aug 12, 2020
This is my first flock of chickens. I was told these were marans. I believe the chicks were about 6 weeks old when I got them. That makes them 5 or 6 months old now. I have spent hours watching them grow. After googling them I am not sure theses are marans. I think they are a mix and that is ok. I still love watching them and giving them treats. I couldn't get very good pictures. That last picture I thought was a hen but in the last 2 weeks the appearance has changed a lot. I'm thinking its a roo now. It has greenish color legs and green tint to the black feathers. There are little feathers on the legs. Not a lot but enough that I can see they are feathers. I couldn't get a front view. I don't know if you need a better view of the black in in the back (last pic). She is solid black with green tint to feathers and a little darker green legs. Or at least they look green to me.

Attachments

• grey chicken side view.jpg
    grey chicken side view.jpg
    983.3 KB · Views: 16
  • grey chicken front view.jpg
    grey chicken front view.jpg
    762.4 KB · Views: 12
  • roos.jpg
    roos.jpg
    769.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 0815200644.jpg
    0815200644.jpg
    635.2 KB · Views: 11
Both of the gold laced are cockerels, they have male feathering. They look like Wyandotte mixes to me, the comb looks wrong for a pure Wyandotte. The blue and black seem to be pullets, they may be Marans but better pics including comb and legs will help!

Both of the gold laced are cockerels, they have male feathering. They look like Wyandotte mixes to me, the comb looks wrong for a pure Wyandotte. The blue and black seem to be pullets, they may be Marans but better pics including comb and legs will help!
I'll try to get better pictures. They are free range so it's hard to catch them at the right time. I may just have to wait until they go in their coop later.

As far as I know they are not laying yet. The other chickens do not have red combs yet except the one I thought was a hen but now looks a little more like a rooster. I thought hens combs turned when they were ready to lay.

Back
Top Bottom