~*What Breed*~

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by neener92, May 27, 2010.

1. neener92

neener92 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2009
    I've had my chickens for about 4 years now...I got my originals from a local person who had too many chickens and wanted to get rid of some babies. The hens have hatched out dark brown, light brown, white, and tan hens; red, red and white with speckles, white black and green roosters (colors of the birds as adults), brown and red are the dominate colors...and they've had just a hand full of the other colors. The man always called them "banty" chickens. I have no clue what breed they are and I would love to see what ya'll think....

Here are some pictures of some of their chicks that just hatched yesterday......which are dark brown, light brown and just one white chick.

[​IMG]

2. Whitney13

Whitney13 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2010
    Malvern, AR
    My grandparents used to have tons of "bantys" when I was a kid and most of our babies looked like yours. Theirs were just bantam and small standard breeds mixed up and called "bantys". They averaged out at about 2.5 to 3 pounds max. I don't know how big yours get but they look a lot like my grandparents chicks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by